Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hello world! I'm MOLLIE MARIE !!!!

<


Well, she's here and WELL worth the wait. Mollie arrived (as scheduled) on September 20th @ 5:16 PM, weighing in at 8 lbs., 9 oz. and 20" long...WOW! She is beautiful and is a sweet mixture of both Allison and Devin!

I had the pleasure and privilege of being able to 'come home' along with Mollie to stay with Devin, Allison, Sam and sweet-dog Dixie. I mainly attempted to corral Sam from time to time and keep up with the laundry and picking up around the house....which is a challenge, because of Sam's tornadic activity from room to room:).

But 'oh my goodness'...he's the cutest thing. He received a haircut from Aunt Mindy while I was there and was a perfect model while his curls were being 'tossed'.

The weather was still SO hot, we didn't get to go to the park as much as I had hoped. In fact, I'm afraid that Sam might have seen Mama D (that's me) as the enemy a few times and that I was keeping his Mom from him:(. I was the 'bad guy' putting him to bed and lifting him in the highchair instead of his Mommy because of her 'boo-boo, c-section'...plus I had come home at the same time as THIS baby, too! Sam was most likely wondering if this was a coincidence and Sam and Dixie, both....looked at me as if to say..."Now, how long were you planning on staying?"




<


Well, I'm back home (my home) and missing 'the babies' terribly!!!! Greg and I are so blessed to have FOUR grandchildren (soon to be five) and love them so much that it hurts! My mother used to tell me, "they are so sweet that I just 'wanna eat em up with a spoon'! Now I understand!
Hand me a spoon, Mama!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow- they are so sweet! I just love them so much! What a great memory that you were able to spend that time with them! I'm jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So seeing that bathtub picture of Sam makes me very glad that we cut his hair! It was getting plain ridiculous.

    We loved having you. Just remember that you can always have a little piece of the Barrys with you when Dixie moves in.

    Oh...and I love the line, "mama, get me a spoon."

    ReplyDelete