Saturday, November 21, 2009

Coupons can be a girl's best friend!

I realize that searching for and using coupons can make one 'appear' cheap....but I like to think of them as SMART and WISE. Yep, that's how I choose to think of me when utilizing coupons from the world of service and retail stores!

Ask my sweet girls. When they were young and we went shopping at the local grocery store, it would have been a crime to have considered any box of cereal for which we had no coupon. It just didn't happen:). General Mills and Kelloggs always kept pumping out their cereal enticements....fortunately for us!

Now that Greg and I have no kids at home, it's convenient and relatively inexpensive to eat out rather than cook at home. Especially if 'one' takes advantage of all the devices whereby these establishments d-r-a-g you in.

For example, we ate at Macayo's last night for a mere $6.64. We were generous and left a $3.00 tip. This was followed up by a trip to JC Penneys and purchasing sale/clearance items (a nice shirt and jacket for Donna)...totaling to $33.00, but then bumped down to $23.00 because of an online coupon for $10 off your purchase of $25 or more. See....SMART and WISE!

4 comments:

  1. again, that's where I get my cheapness from. That's a good deal about the JC Penney's thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok don, you should check out my blog because i nominated you for an award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny, Mom! Brad thinks it's insane that I would drive to two differnt stores to get two different deals, but I guess this is where I get it from!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought 31 boxes of cereal the other day! Brian was surprised and a little confused, but I only spent $60. I was proud of myself... a little embarrased to admit it now:)

    ReplyDelete